DIYDoctor
DIYDoctor, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Electrician, Appliance/Electronics Tech
14598549

HI I have a whirlpool dishwasher model ADP6000WH. It is about

HI
I have a whirlpool dishwasher model ADP6000WH. It is about 6 months old. The dishwashing tablets are not dissolving. They are falling onto the floor of the dishwasher and just sitting there. Any ideas?.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DIYDoctor replied 5 years ago.

joegig1234 :

Hello, if you checked (as you listed) cleaning filter, checked for blockages and program options.....one of the last things to check if the dishwasher detergent is not dissolving is the water temperature that is entering the dishwasher hot enough? If the water temperature is too cold, it may not be able to dissolve the tablet effectively. If this is a sudden problem then and you cleaned and checked your detergent dispenser for debris, blockages, etc, then there may be a problem with the dispenser itself. The latch may be broken or damaged, preventing the dispenser from opening during the wash cycle. If all this checks out your unit is just 6 months old and under warranty with Whirlpool, you should have standard 1 year warranty, then I would call them and not do a DIY repair since this is fairly new. Best of Luck!
___________________________

PLEASE NOTE: Click ACCEPT so that I am credited with helping you. Positive Feedback is appreciated. Please DO NOT leave negative feedback instead; please REPLY back and I will try to resolve any issues you may have………………Thank You.