Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience:  Install, repair and trouble shoot

I just had my routine "Fall Tune-up" of my 2 y.o. Carrier AC/Heat

I just had my routine "Fall Tune-up" of my 2 y.o. Carrier AC/Heat Pump system. The tech said the "external" condenser fan motor was rated for 1.2 amps but was pulling 1.25 amps. He recomended that it be replaced immediately before system failure for $345. Does this make sense?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today!!

In my opinion, that is not out of the norm. The ampers that these draw fluctuate up and down and you dont know what the cycle was he measured it at.

And on top of that, if its only 2 years old then I would have the company that sold it to you should take care of it.

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you,

Thanks again,