Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Dear Technician- I recently bought a used Miele dishwasher.

Customer Question

Dear Technician- I recently bought a used Miele dishwasher. It's a G 832 SC, touchtronic, turbothermic, manufactured 07.06.02. Within 7 to 10 minutes of restart it gives the intake/discharge red light comes on. I currently have it set up with discharge straight to a trashcan, and the intake is straight from the hot water heater by way of a normal diameter garden hose. I have checked the intake filter, the filter in the base of the chamber and I have checked to see that the discharge pump moves freely. I bought it with the understanding that the machine was 3 and a 1/2 years old. Only after I got it home did I learn that it is nearly ten years old. Is this a machine worth spending more money on? I paid $250. Looking at the pump and the backflow valve everything looks like new. Do you have any advice for me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.

if it is the age you show 2002 .

If it needs part I doubt that you can even get replacement parts for it .

Most manufacture only keep replacement parts for 7 year ,they have to do that by law.