Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool Carbio Dryer that is giving an L2 code.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool Carbio Dryer that is giving an L2 code. The drum turns but there is no heat. I checked the thermal fuse and it is good. I tested power to the machine and both legs of the 220 are there. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain the dryer is getting 240 volts, you just have a faulty main control board. L2 means that the control board thinks that the dryer isn't getting 240 volts, so if it definitely is then the control board is bad and needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I would double check the thermal fuse again just FYI---the fuse is almost always the culprit but you said it was good so I'm just going to assume that it is.