Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Hi - Our Bosch front load clothes washer is full of water

Hi -
Our Bosch front load clothes washer is full of water (and clothes). Water will not drain and started to come out of the washing machine (onto floor).

Any recommendations?

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Remove the lower front panel. You will see a small black hose. Pull the hose out and put it in a bucket. Then un cap the end. This will drain the washer. Then unscrew the white twist cap next to it. The cap is a filter for the drain pump. Make sure nothing is stuck in the pump.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So sorry for the very long delay. It took more than an hour to drain the tub. In the pump was a small collar stay but nothing more that I could find. Could this really be the cause?

Would it really be safe to start the machine up to spin? Or should I just remove the clothes?

thanks.
Yes this would cause it. I would put the washer to drain/spin and see if it works.