Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Our Kenmore elite ultra wash dshwasher leaked some water and

Customer Question

Our Kenmore elite ultra wash dshwasher leaked some water and stopped part way through a cycle. I cleaned the filters (quite dirty) and tried to restart a cycle. After a few seconds delay, the green clean light flashes and the cycle does not start. The clean light flashes 6 times, then there is a short pause, followed by one flash, then a longer pause and the sequence repeats. I suspected a problem with the float, but it mover freely. Ther is now minimal water under the filters. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, John.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Are you sure the light is flashing 6 times and not 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light is flashing 6 times, then a pause of about 1 second, then a single flash and a longer pause.
How old is this dishwasher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Purchase September 16,2008
ok you need to reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, you'll need to order and replace the board because it's just shorted. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order along with a video that will show you how to replace the control board if you wanted to do it yourself (it's a very easy process
Experience: Appliance tech 4 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see the link to the contol board. I followed your instructions and all lights operated, and then I cancelled them. I have tried a normal wash cycle, but, after a few seconds instead of starting, the green light starts to flash.
Do you have your model #?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
665 779 72K 701
Ok make sure the water is turned on to the dishwasher. If that is ok you need to replace the water valve. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks; I will call a repairman for the installation.
your welcome.