Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am getting an F09 error code on my Whirlpoo duet GHW 9150PW1.

Customer Question

I am getting an F09 error code on my Whirlpoo duet GHW 9150PW1. I have unpluged it, let it set overnight, tryed to start cycle over. check nio se if motor is clear and easly moving...yes it is. I'm stuck... any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F09 means that the unit is flooding so your pressure switch has failed. You'll need to manually open the door first, then replace the pressure switch under the top panel mounted to the right side wall to get rid of the error. To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

To access the pressure switch, pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. The pressure switch is mounted to the right side wall above the tub and is the only part with several wires going to it as well as a small rubber hose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sir, I did as your instructions said, I found what i believe is the part, I would like to confirm before I take it to get a new one. It is 3" round half red and half bloack' Part # XXXXX it are A2-718e. Plug in back has 6 wires going to it. six shaft with philips head screw painted red, small 1/8 " tube with black rubber tubing attached. Did I get the rigth part

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yep that sounds like the part. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.