Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kitchen Aide Dishwasher (KUDS01FLSS5). I loaded it

I have a Kitchen Aide Dishwasher (KUDS01FLSS5). I loaded it and selected the settings. When I closed the door it went "clunk-clunk-clunk". Definitely something mechanical. The dishwasher won't start the wash cycle by supplying water. The heater starts up but there is nothing to prehheat.
I noticed that I am missing a stainless steel hinge pin from a water bottle lid (1/16" dia X 3/4" long) Could something that small jam a valve or pump and cause my problem? What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It's possible something could jam the drain pump or the wash pump, but it's not possible that something could jam the fill valve from allowing water into the dishwasher. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve or test down at the valve to make sure it's getting 120 volts when the dishwasher should be filling. If you're not getting 120 volts, then you need to replace the control board, and if you are getting 120 volts and water isn't coming in, replace the valve.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This sounds like more than I can handle. I have already schedules an appointment with Appliance Doctor and will just have to wait till next week.

Thanks anyway but I can't use your help.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
alright, good luck to you. At leat you know what you're doing now.