Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

We have a GE Profile spacemaker microwave; model# XXXXX

We have a GE Profile spacemaker microwave; model# XXXXX It is vented to the outside. But, it has the active vent grille on the top front that pushes out when the microwave is in operation. It is plastic and that part has broken 3 times. The 2 screws at the top holding it go into the plastic vent and then into the microwave. Something is causing it to break near the screws. Can I fix this from re-occurring or can I just get a new one and disable it from opening on operation. I guess that might not be smart given I think it opens to cool the microwave during use????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

the blower assembly is bad and the blower is out of balance, replace the assembly and it will stop breaking off the screws
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks. does it have to open for the microwave to work and to not damage it?
you will have to drop it down off the wall and its can be replaced from the top without removing the cover, it cost about $165 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you, its part number WB26X10210 ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks