Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Water does not come out of my gallery series fridge. I have

Water does not come out of my gallery series fridge. I have changed the filter and it fills up with water but does not come out of the front or make ice. I believe the water line may be frozen?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

On this particular Frigidaire refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.