Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag washer Agitates fine but will not spin after rinse (water

Customer Question

Maytag washer Agitates fine but will not spin after rinse (water does drain) - GrandsXXXXX XXXXXed size of load to small (it was hugh) mid cycle and I believe that must have broken something - love the little dears!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the washer is still draining then that means the belt is turning and the motor is moving. The only difference between wash and spin is that the motor reverses directions. Now the motor is definitely reversing directions because the pump is still draining.

With that being said, this means that your friction pulley inside your transmission has worn out or is starting to wear out. There is no way to replace any parts inside the transmission itself so if you wanted to fix this issue you'd need to order and replace the entire transmission which is about $300-400. Most people just replace the washer when this happens, but of course that's completely up to you.