Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a 6 year old Neptune LED Maytag gas dryer that runs,

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old Neptune LED Maytag gas dryer that runs, but does not heat up. I replaced the ignitor because it was not working; now it heats up red, but the gas is not coming out. So, I then replaced the solinoids (both) on top of the gas valve, but it is still not letting the gas come in. I checked the gas lines, and there is no blockage.

I've also checked the thermal cutoff and the limit thermostat, and the thermal fuse and the high limit thermostat. What else can I do to fix it? It runs but does not heat up. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. If the igniter is glowing all the fuses and thermostats are good. If the igniter is new it should be drawing 3.2 amps and if the coils have been replace the valve should be opening. The only thing that will cause this is if the gas valve itself has failed or the gas has been turned off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are three wires, a red, black and white one on the silonoid and we have no power on the black wire. Are we supposed to have power on the black wire?

No your not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We took the gas valve out and had it checked at an appliance repair shop and it was working fine.

Check the amp draw of the igniter. It needs to be 3.2 while the igniter is glowing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I checked it earlier and it does read 3.2 while glowing. Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing this?

The only thing left is the fame sensor but the igniter wont glow if the flame sensor is bad. How did you appliance shop test the gas valve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They put power to it and it opened and closed the valve. They screwed an air line fitting to it to test it.
Make sure the office isn't clogged on the valve. Sorry orifice.