Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore model 500 washing machine. When it is extremely

I have a kenmore model 500 washing machine. When it is extremely out of balance it will not shut down. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a full model number so I can see if there is a device designed to shut this washer down on out of balanced loads? The model should start with a 110 . XXXXXXX and it will be located under the lid near the hinges on a sticker or badge.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is model 110-29522801
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok so this washer has absolutely nothing built into it to stop the washer if it gets out of balance. You can run the washer without clothes to make sure it's not getting out of balance for no reason, but if it runs smooth with no clothes inside then there is nothing you can do but try to be cautious when washing loads that might get out of balance.