Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My front load Samsung VRT washer is leaking around the dispenser

My front load Samsung VRT washer is leaking around the dispenser tray. I have removed and cleaned the tray but have found that water is still sitting in the cavity below the tray. Is this normal? There is a small hole (3/8") in the rear of the dispenser and when water gets to this hole is runs to the back of the tub.

I found that my wife started using the Clorox Green liquid detergent which will build up after time so I would guess this is the problem.

Thanks for the help.
Darren
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ok that means something is blocking the water from going from the dispenser to the tub of the washer. Pull the dispenser out as far as you can. There is a plastic locking tab you can push down on at the back of the dispenser. Push this down and the drawer will pull all the way out so you can see if anything is blocking the outlet near the back. If not, then pull the entire washer forward. There are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Remove these screws and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the hose between the tub and the dispenser and look for anything inside the hose blocking the water from draining. Usually there is a bleach cap insert or a detergent cap insert or something like that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have pulled the drawer out and underneath there is a square opening to the front of the machine (you cannot see it as it opens towards the rear. Should any water be in this recess or should this water all drain to the tub?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
the water should pretty much all drain into the tub. If it's not then something is clogging the hose or the opening where the hose connects to the tub of the washer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there a way to remove the front panel without removing the top? The washer is upstairs and sits in a catch tray. I also have a cabinet directly above the washer so it isn't very easy to slide forward or tip it forward to access the rear.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
There is not, you can't remove the front panel without removing the top. You'll need to pull the washer out so that you can remove the top panel unfortunately.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One last question, is there a web-site that has a parts schematic that if I need to order parts I can see what I need.

Thanks for the help.

Darren

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, Searspartsdirect.com should have a breakdown of your unit but you'll need a complete model number to enter in order to get the breakdown.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.