John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

We have a Sanyo Absorption Refrigerator Model SRA 0621 that

We have a Sanyo Absorption Refrigerator Model SRA 0621 that has not been turned on for the last 4 years. We are having trouble lighting the unit, even though we have followed the "turn on" instructions printed on the control panel cover. The propane gas supply to the unit is good. Any help or technical print outs would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

After sitting for that length of time, you probably have dust blocking the pilot assembly. Try vacuuming the area with a ShopVac to see if you can clean it out. If that does'nt work, remove the pilot assembly, and clean it with laquer thinner.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We will try it and see if it works.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK. Thank you.