JIM
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  35 YEARS IN APPLIANCE SERVICE IN MY OWN BUSINESS
38729203

Our Miele Diamante Plus Series dishwasher is making a popping

Our Miele Diamante Plus Series dishwasher is making a popping sound when the unit is first turned on and possibly two other cycles as well. My husband thinks that it could be the heating element that is popping, possibly water level not covering the heating element?
We added two pictures of hot water to the inside base of the unit before starting and it seems to quiet down the popping sound. There is no broken glass in the drain.
Thanks so much for your time.
Lisa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JIM replied 2 years ago.
Are you getting enough water inside dishwasher.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a filter where the water goes in? The valve is open all the way.
Expert:  JIM replied 2 years ago.
there is a water valve to let water in when you start dishwasher it is controlled by the dishwasher. and more than likely it is bad and causing your problem and will need replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you send us an image of what you say may need to be replaced. This dishwasher is only 2 years old, could it go bad that quickly?
Expert:  JIM replied 2 years ago.
i am going to need the model number off of dishwasher. yes it can go bad that soon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These are the two numbers on the side of the dishwasher door.
Not sure which one you will need. G2183 SCVI
48/080364460.
If it's the Water valve, do you have an idea how much the cost would be to replace it?
I know that it will be different with whomever I call but if I could get an average fair replacement idea.
Expert:  JIM replied 2 years ago.
the water valve is in front and where the water supply hooks to. cost for repair 150.. ball park unable to find a picture. hope this helps you
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 35 YEARS IN APPLIANCE SERVICE IN MY OWN BUSINESS