servicegeek
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
47503688

My F&P washing machine washes the cloths, and then somewhere

My F&P washing machine washes the cloths, and then somewhere in the rinse and spin cycles it stops working. From the looks of it, the clothes aren't rinsed properly as the fabric softener hasn't been dispensed. If you try to manually skip along the steps it will empty some of the water but not all, leaving a good deal in the bottom of the machine which is I think what stops it from spinning as it registers water still in there. There's obviously no blockage as the water does come out, just not all of it. Even when I emptied the remains of the water with a cup (tedious!) it still wouldn't spin....help! Have rest machine and also turned it off from the wall, checked for obstructions, etc to no avail.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 2 years ago.
Hey i will help you.IF the machine is empty from water you should be able to pull the machine out from the wall a little and tilt it back. Look under it and on the right side you will see the drain pump. It will have a black impeller on the bottom of it. Look at this and see if you see any water on it or if the drain pump is rusty looking. Reply back to me and let me know. This is important for the spinning. Thanks David
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, thanks for the quick reply! I had a look and there's no water on the pump, and it doesn't look rusty either...
Ok, well what i am getting at is if the pump shorts out or runs hot it will not drain all the water out and the machine will not spin. It has to drain all the water out first before it goes into a spin. The pump could be draining and then stopping because it is getting to hot . I would say i would probably start with replacing the drain pump. These had problems also about leaking a very small amount of water onto the pump and shorting it out and blowing the control board. Your hasn't done that yet. That is what i was having you check for the water or rust. I would replace the drain pump. I think the pump is getting hot and shutting off. The part number for the drain pump is #420325P. You can order it through searspartsdirect.com. Hope this helps and please remember to click accept. Thanks David
servicegeek, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been a service tech for over 10 years at a leading service company.
Expert:  FPTech replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to over-post, I agree with servicegeek (and you should Accept his answer) but you will need part number 420324P - this is a 240v pump not the 110v part

as suggested. Available from F&P customer care: 1300 650 585

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you both!