John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I can hit #1 through 6 for express cooking and the light comes

Customer Question

I can hit #1 through 6 for express cooking and the light comes on, the number counts down but the unit will not run or the turn table turn.
the turn table is "on".
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Will you please send me the brand name and model number, so I can get information for you? It's printed on an i.d. sticker on or near the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey John, It is a GE Brand and the modle # XXXXX: JVM 1540 SN 1SS Thanks very much!
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
The touchpad board is connected to the control board with a flat plastic ribbon connector. Frequently your problem can be corrected by removing the ribbon from its control board connection, and gently burnishing the contacts with a pencil eraser. If that does'nt solve the problem, replace the control board and touchpad board with part number PS2322068, priced at $162.39. You can buy it at
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't see how to get to this ribbon. What is the method i must use (except turning off power) in oder to get to the contacts for cleanin?

Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

The end of the ribbon connector strip that plugs into the control board plug should come out, when you pull on it. If it does'nt, you'll have to replace the whole assembly with the part number I posted.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes sir! I understand. HOw do I get to the control board? I see know way to remove the number pad(control facing) to get to a ribbon.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

I suggest you go to, enter your model number, and take a look at number 105 on the parts drawing and list. It shows the boards in separate drawings, so

I thought the ribbon could be removed. If it can't, there nothing for it but to replace the whole unit.