MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

frigidaire electric oven model ples389ecd error code f30

Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Did this happen after a clean cycle or possibly cooking something on the RF burner for a long period of time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
after aclean cycle but oven worked fine at first
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Ok- take the back of the range off and post back when done. Possible tripped safety thermostat here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
location of safety please
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Follow the violet wires that are coming off the oven sensor connection. One wire will go to the safety thermostat on the back. It may have a reset button on it ( some changes were made to these) and if so push the red button in- it will click if it were tripped. If that is ok then another can be checked up front. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the red button seems to be loose and does not want to click in to any solid position
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
interlock the two wires on it and see if the code clears.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no code not cleared same f30
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then either the sensor itself is open or another safety up front is. Do you have a test meter handy? may save some work-if not no big deal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no sorry
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Do this test first- jump out the wires that the sensor connects to- a paper clip will do just fine. If the front thermostat is closed and the sensor is bad the code should change to a f31. If it does not then the console area needs to come apart next to access the other stat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do i jump theese wires with the power on
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
That is fine- there is no power at them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did not change anything. It's still code f30
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Ok. The front safety is tripped then. Turn off the power and pull off the knobs and undo the nuts underneath them. Pull off the face. The t/stat you need to reset looks just like the one on the back. it is behind the controls for the right side burners on the side of the cooktop box.Take out whatever you need to in order to access it and reset it. Everything is visible here, so it will be apparent what to undo. Frigidaire has changed the setting on it to avoid nuisance trips, so if you want to replace it to avoid that then order part#318005213.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
works! thanks so much
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Great. This will also tend to happen if you cook something very hot for a while on the RF burner.

Acceptance is appreciated and thanks for the good work following my directions- makes things much easier all around.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS