JIM
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  35 YEARS IN APPLIANCE SERVICE IN MY OWN BUSINESS
38729203

I have a Whirlpool range ModelGY398LXPQ03 with a glass cooktop.

I have a Whirlpool range ModelGY398LXPQ03 with a glass cooktop. Hot suXXXXX XXXXXquid overflowed and actually etched the surface to several deep pitted areas. I would like to replace only the glass and not the whole cooktop. I have found the part at appliance zone for $157. Can you advise as to procedure for replacing the glass only? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX repair on Refrig worked great thanks!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JIM replied 5 years ago.
you will need a razor knife to cut the seal around it and also hi temp sealer to reseal around try appliance zone for that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking for much more detail than that. I want a step by step disassembly and reassembly procedure. thanks
Expert:  JIM replied 5 years ago.
From what you said! You found the glass only on line that is all the direction you will need. But if you found the cook top you will need to remove the screws from the front of the range and raise the top and check to see if burners are connected to top if so take the screws out and remove top than just reverse the procedure.