Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag MDBH945AWS Dishwasher doesnt rinse. The dishwasher

My Maytag MDBH945AWS Dishwasher doesn't rinse. The dishwasher drains but apparently leaves a soapy residue on the dishes which is in turn baked on the dishes during drying.
I placed the control on rinse only but water would not go into the dishwasher.
What might be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually this is a very common issue lately and you'll need to use an additive called "Glass Magic" or baking soda to help the dishes clean (baking soda is the home remedy and doesn't work as well as Glass Magic). About 6 months ago, detergent companies changed their formulas and removed phosphates in the detergent due to regulations which makes them not perform well at all. Go to the two links below and you can read why your dishes are going to bad. The 2nd one is a video from my local news that aired recently.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

If by chance the water really doesn't enter the dishwasher when the washer should be rinsing, that would require a new control board to fix this issue.