Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch dischwasher model SHE46C05UC/22 and it is not

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dischwasher model SHE46C05UC/22 and it is not running properly. The hose line is connected and on but no jet stream of water appears to be coming from the dishwasher. Also, I notice there is a small crack in the drain line to the sink erator. How do I fix or replace this hose? Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit (and in your case a cracked drain hose). Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

To replace the cracked drain hose, open the door while the machine is un-installed and remove the 2 screws going into the front of the left side panel. Remove the left side panel and now you can follow the drain hose into the dishwasher so that you can disconnect it and remove it. Below is a link to the drain hose you need to order.

CLICK HERE