Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

I have an Affinity dryer (model #CAQE7011KWO) that I purchased

I have an Affinity dryer (model #CAQE7011KWO) that I purchased last year June. It has always worked fine, however, I just moved to our new house and after plugging it in for the first time I noticed that I'm not getting any heat and it shuts itself off 5 minutes into a drying cycle. Any suggestions? Thanks...Dave
So you get no heat is the first five minutes before it shuts itself off? When it does shut off, is it the motor just shutting off or does the display go blank as well?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I get no heat before it shuts off. If my setting is for 50 minutes it will shut off at around 45 minutes (I've tried this 5 times with the same results). My display stops showing the time left in numeral form and starts flashing some bars prior to shutting off.
do you have a meter to check your outlet for the correct voltage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I don't, but the outlet as well as wiring and breaker at the panel are all new, I had them put in just to service the dryer as there was no power in this room and we moved the laundry room from another part of the house. The electrician installed a 30 amp breaker and wire with plug, is this maybe not sufficient enough?
not that would be, but we need to insure that 240 volts are going to the outlet. If the voltage is too low, it can cause this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Maybe I should get the electrician back to check it. If this isn't the issue could it be something with the unit's mother board.
IT could be the control board. But it seems like too much of a coincidence that electrical work was done and now you have an issue. Have the electrician double check it and then get back to me if that does not solve the issue and we will see what we can figure out.