Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Refrigerator GE PFS22MISBBB The frig has developed a loud

Refrigerator GE PFS22MISBBB

The frig has developed a loud humm, almost like paper caught in a fan. I have removed the lower panel. The compessor is hot, the fan is running over the coils. I have not removed the upper back plate. Thoughts?
This is going to be a defective compressor. How old is the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, it is out of warrantee. It was purchased 6/2006. But the compressor is warm, the smaller copper line coming from it is hot.
That is for sure a ad compressor. Those lines get warm, but if they are hot and you are getting a buzz or hum, it is the compressor. If it is out of warranty, it can be about $700 to repair. If it was me, I would get a new unit. Sorry for the bad news.