Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Can a refrigerator be left outside in freezing temperatures

Can a refrigerator be left outside in freezing temperatures and still be okay?
What make and model is the refrigerator? All models need a higher ambient temperature than freezing to operate correctly. If it is too cold outside, the refrigerator will actually be on the warmer side. However, if you tell me th e make and model, some manufacturers make kits that can over come this. Also, where are you keeping th e unit, in a garage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is actually a Blue Air refrigerator sandwich prep table for a restaurant. It will be packaged in cardboard, wrapped in shrink wrap when it is delivered. It just needs to sit in the box outside for about 2 weeks and it is going to be around 10 degrees some of that time.
So you will not be running it outside, just storing it. If that is the case, it is fine. As long as it is wrapped, raised off the ground, and kept out of the rain. You should have no issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much! It will be on a pallet and I will be putting a tarp over it.
Perfect. It should be fine. Have a good day.