Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Why would a Bosch Nexxt 100 series washer stop agitating and

Why would a Bosch Nexxt 100 series washer stop agitating and spinning and how would I diagnosis and fix the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
It is possible that the belt is broken. If you start a cycle, let it fill, do you hear a motor running when it is supposed to agitate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When it is supposed to agitate I hear a little click and then no noise, when I put it on just the spin cycle I hear the motor running but no spinning.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK, you will have to move the machine out so you can gain access to the back. On the back there is a panel that can be removed. Once removed, you should see a large pulley in the center of the drum with a belt on it, make sure that the belt is attached.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Having trouble fining a t20 star bit to get the back off. Got to run to the home depot to get one. I will let you know when I get it off and have checked the belt.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK, I will be around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, Sorry it took forever to get all them screws out...belt looks good.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
If you try to spin the pulley by hand in the back of the drum, does it spin easily?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the most part yes. It takes effort to get it all away around but there is a lot of play back and forth with it, and that is easy.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK. That is what I was afraid of. There should be no play in it what so ever. It sounds as if you have a bad bearing and the only way to repair is to replace the outer rear tub. The bearing is a part of the rear half of the tub. Not sure on the warranty of this, but usually the part is covered for an extended period, but you would still be looking at about $600 for the labor. I would recommend a new machine.
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.