Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

I have a three year old Maytag stove with two ovens. The bottom

I have a three year old Maytag stove with two ovens. The bottom oven won't heat past 220 degrees (preheat). We put it on self clean and although it got hotter it didn't clean. The top oven seems to work OK. I put it back to factory default but didn't make a difference
Can you please send me the model number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the stove it says MayTag Gemini - on the receipt, I believe this is the model number: MER6875BCW (from the receipt).

That is the model number. IF you set the bottom of to 350 degrees, is 350 displayed in the control?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it does. Then it goes to pre heat (100) and won't go past 220 or 230 degrees.

Do you get any error codes that come up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No error code come up
OK, if you turn the broil on for the lower oven, does the broil element come on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does not appear to be coming on

Do you see any white marks on the element, or burn marks?

The oven needs both broil and bake elements to heat the oven. The issue is either the broil element or th control board.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are no white marks, or burn marks on the elements
OK, that doesn't mean that the element is good, it is just an easy way to see if it is defective. Do you have a meter to check for power and/or continuity?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a meter but I don't have it home here right now.
OK, well check for continuity on the element at the back. Remove the wall and you will see the element terminals. Make sure to turn off power. If you have continuity, check to make sure there is 240 volts going to the broil elements.