Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Gemini oven keeps showing a code F1,F2 so i replaced

My Maytag Gemini oven keeps showing a code F1,F2 so i replaced one of the cook sensors But it still shows.same code err.however i dont think its the sensor because it effects the upper and lower oven. It only works for a while if i reset the main breaker for stove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. Make sure to test both the upper oven and the lower oven sensors because if ONE of them is bad it will stop both ovens from heating. If one of the sensors tests bad, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay display board.