John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

i have a whirlpool dryer 3 yrs old gas. dryer fires runs 5

i have a whirlpool dryer 3 yrs old gas. dryer fires runs 5 minutes shuts off on limit 3 minutes later attempts to fire ignitor comes on for ten seconds shuts off and continues to do this and never reignites. flue is clear exhaust blower is clear no obstructions and i replaced the thermal window near the ignitor already ????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

The hot surface(glowbar) ignitor is the most likely suspect. They wear out and develop minute cracks over time and use. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the price is $37.90. You can buy it at

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.