Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

When our frigidaire BGHD2433KF1 dishwasher doesnt completely

Customer Question

When our frigidaire BGHD2433KF1 dishwasher doesn't completely drain when the cycle is over. I have tried cleaning it out and made sure the drain hose was clear.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
How much water is left in the tub when the cycle is complete? Is the water dirty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is about an 1 1/2 and it is dirty
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Does the drain hose have a point in it that is higher than the point where it connects to the disposer? Is the disposer working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The disposal is working fine. The drain hose from the dishwasher is higher. At least 6 inches above where it connects to the disposal.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
If you try to drain the water out now by starting a cycle and then hitting the cancel button, does all of the water drain out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no tried that. Will do it right now.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, It does not drain. Is there something else I can try?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
If you remove the hose from the disposer and try draining it again, does it drain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
going to try it now
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I disconnected the the drain hose from the disposal, the outlet was lower then the disposal. Nothing happened when I canceled the wash cycle.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you hear a motor running when the water is supposed to be draining?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hear nothing after I hit the cancel button.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
OK, then either you have a defective drain pump or a defective control board. Do you have a meter to check for voltage to the pump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't. But I can get one tomorrow. What would I need to do?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
First turn power off to the dishwasher. Then remove the bottom kick panel. The drain pump sits on the left side of the main pump. Remove the two wires that go to it and insert the meter leads. Then turn the power back on and cancel a cycle to turn the drain pump on. You should get 120 volts. If you do, the pump is defective, if not the board is bad. Once you find out the defective part, I will look up the part for you and give you directions on how to replace it.
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I I started looking up this issue I saw where there are 2 pumps. How do I know which is the drain pump?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
It is the smaller of the two. Here is a link to a parts website that shows a picture of the drain pup.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/154736201/1512424?modelNumber=BGHD2433KF1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great. I will get a meter and try this out. Thanks for all the help. It is greatly appreciated
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome.