Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do you tighten the door handle on a whirlpool conquest

How do you tighten the door handle on a whirlpool conquest refrigerator? I cannot find any visible screws!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You need to remove the handle befor eyou can tighten the mounting bolt behind it. T remove the handle just grab it and yank UP quick and hard. The handle will unclip and release, then you can tighten the bolt down and re-install the handle.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How strong do you have to be?!!! I'm trying that and it won't unclip. Not sure how hard to try--will I break something?!!
you have to pull up pretty darn hard with a jerk. That is how both handles are removed on these conquest refrigerators.