Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Whirlpool Dehumidifier AD25DSSO. Buzzing sound when turned

Whirlpool Dehumidifier AD25DSSO. Buzzing sound when turned on but motor doesn't always kick on. Used in basement with hose to drain. Cleaned filter, checked what I could see but still sporadic on the motor starting up when turned on. Any ideas?
If you are getting a buzzing noise as the the unit is turning on, most likely it is the compressor failing. How old is the unit? Do you have the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model is RT(NNN) NNN-NNNNand probably 2 years old or more. It does sound like the compressor will come on occasionally but not every time
OK, the only thing back there that is going to buzz is the compressor. This is either a defective compressor or the electrical starter. Can you double check that model, I can find no information.

If it is a compressor, Whirlpool will not repair it if under warranty, they will scrap the one you have and supply a new one. It is not worth the money to repair the compressors on dehumidifiers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How about AD25DSSO
OK, this a five year warranty on any of the compressor parts. I was wrong however, apparently they will repair these. You would have to find a local whirlpool authorized servicer in you area to repair this.