Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

So my husbands birthday party is this afternoon and the dishwasher

So my husband's birthday party is this afternoon and the dishwasher (now full) has decided to take a hiatus of some will fill with water, but then drain not ever kicking over to the wash. (we're not hitting the reset button) It's 3 years old and a GE Quietpower 3. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ? its inside on one of the side walls.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
on this model its not good unfortunately, If its skips the whole wash cycle and goes directly to drain the control has failed, does this show and fault codes ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have anything that appears remotely close to that photo showing (even from an inside view- it looks like the photo has a digital display where I do not). No fault codes are coming up-(I don't think they can on this one) the lights that are coming on are supposed to come on so they appear as though it will work and begin cycling, it just doesn't. So you believe this is a control panel issue?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yeah some of these have the digital readout (right where the 88 is on right side) and some don't but they use that control board in both, and yes my diagnoses is correct it is the control. being that its Sunday of course you would be able to get this today. if you want heres the part #, WD21X10247 and you can order this @ unfortunately it does need to be replaced. sorry, hope this info helps, thanks, Bryan