Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

My new microwave, whirlpool accuwave plus steam cook, just

Customer Question

My new microwave, whirlpool accuwave plus steam cook, just stopped working. Turns on but nothing cooks or whets up??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Jon Grella :

hello

Jon Grella :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am an authorized whirlpool service tech and i can help you today

Jon Grella :

everything works but you get no heat?

Jon Grella :

does the display work and light up and is responsive to selecting cycles?

Jon Grella :

if yes. and the machine just doent give you heat, then all you need is the magnetron

Jon Grella :

i could get part number ofr you so you can order the part

Customer: Yes, everything else works. No heat? The thing is 4 months old. New house!
Jon Grella :

wow. i am surprised to see it go this quickly. do you use it often?

Customer: Yes, but Its brand new.
Jon Grella :

if it is under a year old, it should still be under the manufacturers warranty then

Jon Grella :

i would call whirlpool and have them come out to fix it for you, this way you will not have to pay for anything. parts, service, nothing

Jon Grella :

i could give you number to call

Jon Grella :

it csan also be found by the model stcikeron the machine

Jon Grella :

just behind the door on the front of the cabinet

Customer: So I have to get someone in here to fix it? Unbelievable. It's under warrantee with the new house
Jon Grella :

well is the machine new, or just a new house for you?

Jon Grella :

an old machine?

Customer: What would cause it to go bad so fast. Supposed to be the "top" model. Brand spoken new.
Jon Grella :

it is definitely something that you can fix with help from me

Jon Grella :

just use. and sometimes these machines are damaged from factory testing and shipped out by mistake. i see it happen all the time unfortunately

Jon Grella :

i could get yuo the part number if you like?

Customer: There was a thing that came up saying call technician immediately, then worked for five more minutes and just stopped. No reason?
Customer: Is it worth me fixing or should I just have someone under warn tee do it?
Jon Grella :

ah. yup. i have see that before

Jon Grella :

just have someone under warranty fix it. the part alone is over $100

Jon Grella :

and if the machine is under warranty they willpay

Customer: Really sucks, four kids and the weekend.
Customer: Okay man thanks
Jon Grella :

i know. tyr to get them out as quick as possible

Jon Grella :

if you feel i have helped you, please remember to hit the green accept button belwo

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
thank you again.

please let me know if you need anything else.

it was my pleasure helping you today. let me know how everything turns out for you.