Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Dishes and silverware are left with white residue--it seems

Dishes and silverware are left with white residue--it seems rinsing isn't complete. Also everything is still wet, not drying completely. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Does the cycle take a longer amount of time than usual? Is The white residue soap?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it seems to be soap--seems to be regular amount of time.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
If you Start a cycle and let the water fill until stops, can you tell me the water level in relation to the filter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
an inch or so above--but I did clean out the filter and the problem still occured
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
OK. Set the upper and lower spray arms to the 12 o'clock position and start a wash cycle. Let it run for about 19 seconds, then open the door. Did the arms move?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this model only has a lower arm--and no it didn't move
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
OK. Then this means that either the arm is clogged or the pump is not working.Do you see anything clogging the holes in the arm?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the holes in the arm seem clear--what do I do if the pump isn't working?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
The machine would need to be pulled out from under the counter, remove the bottom of the machine and pull the pump out to see if there is a clog. Very difficult to do. If you are not mechanically inclined I would recommend getting a servicer.