Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

washing a small blanket-didnt complete drain cycle- blanket

Customer Question

washing a small blanket-didn't complete drain cycle- blanket retained water. I pulled blanket out, tried to start over with nothing in basket. just starts at agitation cycle. is this enough info for you to figure out my dilemma? Bob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
I assume this is a front load washer, the model number does not appear to be correct. If you were washing one thing, the machine will not complete the spin cycle because it will sense the load as being out of balance. Try unplugging the unit to reset it, then start a new cycle with some more articles in the machine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a top loader but I will try what you said
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK, the same would go for a top loader. Another article of clothing is needed to balance the load.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I replied too soon. The washer DID start from the first cycle, and that's when I contacted you. But it still will not go past the drain cycle. to spin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Does the water drain out?