John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My new Southbend R 18-4 steamer ( only used 5 days) is suddenly

My new Southbend R 18-4 steamer ( only used 5 days) is suddenly stop working. I drained the water and filled the watrer and restart, still not working.
When I shut the steamer door, I noticed the light was blinking, then the light will not come on and not start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

I don't know why these problems always occur on the weekend. You have a one year warranty coverage, so you don't want to attempt any repair, which will void the coverage. Call the company or the selling dealer on Monday, so they can dispatch a service technician to diagnose the problem.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.