Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE microwave model JE1860WH104. It needs to be replaced.

I have a GE microwave model JE1860WH104. It needs to be replaced. What is the cubic feet and wattage of this model? What is the newest GE microwave model for this series?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is a 1.8 cubic ft microwave, 1100 watts, is this in the cabinet ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, it has mountings, I slid it out
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
here is a link to specs on this, print them out and bring it with you to where your going to get a new one, its the only way thgey can check the size and replacement, what is the issue with the one you have ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The link was not attached. My wife was heating up coffee and it just turned itself off. Checked the fuse and it was ok. Pulled out the microwave aqnd checked the connection and it was firm. Unplugged the microwave and plugged in another item to the upper and lower electrical outlet slots and they worked. Plugged the microwave into another electric outlet and still nothing. I am not sure what is wrong, but I figure it just may be more cost effective to get a new one rather than get a service call out and see what is wrong. Unless you have an idea what may be wrong with the appliance. Please let me know and resend the link.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

you checked the internal fuse inside the microwave?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My wife said it could be the problem. Where is the fuse? I unfortunately I do not have the necessary tools to open the case with the types of screws GE used.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yeah they use special Torx screws to prevent people from opening these. I'm sure its just a blown fuse inside,it would be a shame to see you buy a new one if thats the case, this can be fixed a lot cheaper. the fuse is behind the control panel, Lowes actually carries the fuses if you can get to it. there only like 3 dollars.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how much do you think a tech will charge to come out, diagnose and replace the fuse if that's the issue? Is it worth it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
The average service call is around $79 and the fuse is cheap so I would say it would cost you under hundred dollars to have this fixed, can't be sure though depends on who you call, definitely worth fixing though, a new one may be hard to find or at least one that's gonna fit correctly which means you would need to buy a new trim kit for it to so that can run you more money, I would call around and get some prices on service, check different places and tell him what the issue is, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan