John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

The customer was useing her GE JSP42D N 2CC elect Range, There

The customer was useing her GE JSP42D N 2CC elect Range, There was a spill and the large burner flamed up. There was a hole brunt in the heating coil. Now the range will not heat up now and including the oven. the burners will get warm but not hot. The burners indicators lights come on when the oven nob is rotated up to 250F and go off from250F to Broil At which point thay come back on. At no time will the unit get too hot to tuch with the bear hand. I replaceed the thermostate but there was no change.
Ted
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Turn the range breakers in your electrical panel off, then back on again. If this does'nt restore proper operation, you'll need to test for 240 volts a.c. at the power cord terminal block behind the rear cover panel. If the proper voltage is not present, you'll need to find out why. It will most likely be a damaged breaker or a burned power cord.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience: 25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is only 220v at the end of the power cord to the range, that dose not account for all the malfunction of the range. Plese reply.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
This will require the attention of a professional repair technician. It's likely that the control board will need to be replaced. If so, the wiring will need to be performed by the technician. It's definitely not a DIY job.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is an error in the modle no# XXXXX unit is J BS07 H2WW plese recheck your info because this unit has no control board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am on the site now could you plese call me, my. Number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is a simple unit, it dose not have a control board ar for that matter any other comples parts. it has a supply power 220V combined but none of the bruners will heat up more than room timp. Changing the thermo was no help.

Ted

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

The only reason I know for the problem you describe is the loss of one of the 110 volt

power wires. If it is'nt showing up at the power cord terminal block, it must be somewhere on the other side in the circuitry.

John, restaurant equipment technician