Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Hi, I have a new Bosch dishwasher (SHE7ER55UC)that I tried

Hi, I have a new Bosch dishwasher (SHE7ER55UC)that I tried to use for the first time today but it will not run. The digital display keeps flashing 1:53. I checked my manual and tried the reset option by holding down the start button but this does not work. It seems like the panel is frozen as I am unable to execute any other inputs either with the exception of the on/off button.

Any idea what might be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
First thing, if the unit is brand new, you do not want to attempt a repair because you will void the warranty. Try first to shut the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on to reset the control. If this does not work, call Bosch for warranty service. They will repair it free of charge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok,I shut off the circuit breaker & no change so I will contact Bosch for warranty service but do you know what the problem might be?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like a control board problem.