Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Hello I have a Frigidaire stacked washer/dryer combination,

I have a Frigidaire stacked washer/dryer combination, model FLSEC726CS7 & need to replace the heating element(s) in the dryer. Is this something I can do myself, or is a job better left to a technician? It looks as though I would need to take the entire dryer apart to get at the element....
Any advice you could give me would be appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
You would have to remove the front panel, take off the belt, remove the drum. Then you can aCcess the heating element which sits on the back wall behind the drum. It can be difficult to get the drum out because the back of the drum has a shaft that sits in a bearing. So when you remove the drum you have to lift up and pull it out.