Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Out of the blue my Bosch Nexxt 3000 washer is now showing an

Customer Question

Out of the blue my Bosch Nexxt 3000 washer is now showing an E01 error code. The door shuts all the way and it sounds like it's trying to latch/lock but cannot. Is there anything I can do besides calling for service?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the full model # ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hope so, hubby wrote it down - WFMC2201UC/16. If that's not it, can you tell me where to find it on the machine? Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you have a failed latch/lock assembly. it needs to be replaced, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Latch/497255/1162526?modelNumber=WFMC2201UC%2F16 this will fix the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
does it require a special screwdriver to take out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes a torx screw driver, you can get a cheap set at lowes or a hardware store
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
and is it a simple swap the piece and all {should} magically work again :)?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thats what the tech sheets say, these do fail, there are microswitches in the latch that send a signal to the control that the door is shut and locked. if the board doesnt receive that signal it stops and give the code. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, will try it. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan, we replaced the part and the washer is still doing exactly the same thing, not latching. Is there something else we can try?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other. trying to work on it now, The relay is clicking but it's not locking. Bosch 3000 Nexxt washer, Model WFMC2201UC/16, replaced the locking mechanism based on recommendation from previous expert.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sorry , thats what the error code said, it has to be the main control module then, it didn't say that in the tech sheet though,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
thats all there is that can cause that. besides the latch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan, since we are hearing a relay click on the main controller board, is there a chance that the replacement part is also a failure? Very unlikely, but who knows?

When switched should we hear a click on the locking mechanism? I hear the relay on the controller board clicking, but nothing in the latch mechanism.

Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

If you hear the click comming from the control itself its the relay on the control not holding in to lock the door, I was going by the error code, they need to rethink these error codes and put all possibility on there, we can only go by the info they provide.

E:01Er:01washingDoor open door lock not engaged

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Eventually we do see the E01, but not right away.

Should I be hearing any clicking on the door lock mechanism itself when everything is working?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

well it should lock, it has a wax motor it, you should hear it click locked

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is what is missing. How is that motor controlled? Is it an AC signal? Is it on the three wire connector on the lock mechanism?

Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
it not the motor controller thats in the bottom and only controls the motor, the voltage to the lock mechanism is 120 volts ac, can you test for that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure can, I'm assuming it is on the 3 wire connector? If not, where should I test?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

well it has to be on and when the board is click test the latch, two of the wires will have 120 going to it, if the 120 flickers as the clicking begins them the relay on the board is bad

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure if my last message actually made it through. It was:

I can test. Is the signal on the 3 wire connector? If not, where should I look?

Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes the three wire connector
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Checking now, OK

I get about 30VAC between 1-2 and 30 VAC between 2-3 all the time. When I try to start a cycle, this does not change.

from 1-3 I get about 1.5 VAC and it might jump up to 2.5 VAC when the cycle tries to start.

Am I measuring correctly?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your reading it right, the board is bad. there needs to be 120 vac to lock the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a schematic of the control board? Do you have a suggestion for a replacement? (Are we talking big bucks?)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see that. Sheesh. Can't blame you for that... Can you offer any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Michael and Jennifer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well you can google the part # and you will probably find a better price. sorry, thanks, Bryan