Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Ok Jason, I tried it, your right, it knocks down the suds.

Customer Question

Ok Jason, I tried it, your right, it knocks down the suds. But when I stop the cycle, I got all kinds of water sitting in the bottom. This machine is about 15 years old. I have, on the dial, the following options, going counter clockwise: Off, Delay Hours, Pots and Pans, Normal, Light Wash, Rinse Only (Use Air Dry), Rinse, Dry, Plate Warmer, Back to Off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
If you cancel the cycle water still remains?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I turn the knob to "off" the water still remains.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
What if you advance to a drain cycle? Does the drain pump come on and remove the water?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, you can tell I don't use the machine better 1/2 had me set it to rinse, it went through that cycle to dry, and a few minutes later it sucked it dry. Glad it works, thought she was going to make me wash all the dishes by hand.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Good to hear that it is working. The last thing I want is you doing dishes. Have a good night.