Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Hello. I have a Quiet Wash, approx 15 years old. Water coming

Hello. I have a Quiet Wash, approx 15 years old. Water coming out of bottom seal at the door. It appears it is not draining. Checked the drain pipe - blew air, ran a snake, no blockage. What to do?
Is the water coming out full of suds?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, suds are coming out. We have noticed in the recent past that water seems to sit in the bottom, and sometimes there is an odor like their is food particles trapped in bottom somewhere.
The suds can only be the result of regular soap getting into the dishwasher some how. Once that soap gets in there, it suds up and then it just pours out everywhere. To get rid of the suds, start a cycle and let the machine fill, once it fills and before it starts washing, open the door and put about two tablespoons of cooking oil into the water in the tub. Then close the door and let the machine run for about 5 minutes. The oil will way down the suds. Then cancel out the cycle to drain the water. As crazy as it sounds, this will take care of your problem, I have seen hundreds of times.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK will try!!. Is it possible we have "cheap" dishwasher tablets? Many times we see clear water sitting in the bottom, and we get an odor. We run the machine again empty, but water still seems to sit in the bottom. Is it a related problem?
The way can be left over if you have some suds. The suds does not allow the pump to pull water through on the drain. I don't think it is from the tablets, the only thing that can cause it is dish soap, like Palmolive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10-4 thanks!!! Makes sense to me now.
Your welcome.