Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Hi, I have a model # XXXXX Frigidaire Range. The clock

Hi, I have a model # XXXXX Frigidaire Range. The clock and oven do not work. This model has a digital clock that also tells the oven temp,broil,etc. The stove top works fine, no oven! It stopped working a few months ago, baked something at 450 and it died but came back to life after a day, not this time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
This is definitely a control issue, it needs to be replaced, how old is the oven?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is about 8 years old

Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK, I just wanted to see if the part was out of warranty. The clock (electronic oven control) needs to be replaced because if you have power to the cook top, I know you have power to the oven. Unfortunately, I can look up the part for you because I do not have access to Canadian models, however, if you contact your local appliance parts distributor and give them the model number, they can order the part, just tell them you need the clock. To replace it, pull the oven out, remove the screws that hold the silver panel onto the back of the console and remove that panel. From there you can access the board and remove. It is a straight forward repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So is it the clock or the oven control that needs to be changed? I can google the parts list myself can't you? Do I have to unplug the oven to change this part?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
The clock is the electronic oven control. The part number isNNN-NN-NNNN but I do not know where in Canada you can get the part, and yes, you need to unplug the oven.