Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher Model#665.1374, installed

We have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher Model#665.1374, installed 10/2010.
The procedure to start the dish washer is 1st select the cycle option (smart wash, pots pans, normal wash, light wash, fast wash or quick rinse) you then chose the 2nd option (turbo zone, hi temp, sani rinse, heated dry or delay hours). After making your selections you need to press the START resume button and off it goes doing it's job.

When we make a cycle option no button lights up, except the quick rinse, if we continue onto the 2nd option selecting hi temp and Sani Rinse then selecting START the washer begins washing and the cycle option light come on with the normal wash selected. This happens regardless of what button we select on the cycle.

Can you help me to determine what I need to get the cycle option working? I tried resetting the breaker, think it might reset the electronic system, removed front top panel to make sure wire were making connection.

What do I do next?

Ron [email protected]

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

try a board reset,

To reset, press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board. If the error comes back then replace the element, the only other possibility is the board itself is bad.

if you don't have a heated dry button use the air dry or energy saver dry button. some machines are different.

if that doesn't work replace the control board, here is a link to order the part , .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pressed the buttons as you subjected. All lights came on but didn't flash, stayed on then proceced to quickly go throught wash and quick rinse cycles, the wash started to wash. The Smart wash, pots pans, light wash and fast wash cycles never lit up. I stopped by pressing cancel. I then selected pot pans no lights came on.
your control board is bad and you need to replace it, this is a common issue on these, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You for your help. Your response to my problem was very quick. If I have any other problems I will not hasitate to use JustAnswer.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a Great Day

You're very welcome, you have yourself a great day in if you have any other questions after you press accept you have 30 days to come back at no additional charge, thanks, Bryan