Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My LD650EAl dehumidifier immediately turns on the bucket full

Customer Question

My LD650EAl dehumidifier immediately turns on the 'bucket full' light and won't run, although the bucket is totally empty and a hose is attached to convey extracted moisture to our sump pump.

Initially I could 'fiddle with' the thing and get it to work, but now, nothing I do makes any difference. Pushing the red button inside makes no difference.

Any suggestions? How does the 'bucket full' switch work and how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is a sensor assembly that runs inside this unit into the bucket to tell the machine when it's full of water. You just need to replace this sensor because it has failed. Below is a link ot the sensor assembly.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What makes you suggest the problem is with this sensor rather than with the unit control board or with the micro switch (red button)?

And if I try replacing the sensor, how do I get access to where it is connected?

I just turned the unit on its side to give the serial number to the LG technical assistant, and now the unit magically works fine -- what do you make of that?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
that switch is part of the sensor assembly I'm takling about. You can disconnect the 2 wires going to it and use a multimeter to make sure the continuity on the switch changes when you push the red button or not. If not then the assembly needs to be replaced. If it switches correctly then you'd need a new control board.

As far as putting the unit on the side and it working, that just means that either your board or the switch has a piece that is getting weak/loose. Until the issue comes up again you won't be able to determine which part is at fault.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also asked: And if I try replacing the sensor, how do I get access to where it is connected?

Is there a service manual online for this dehumidifier?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
There is not a service manual for this unit and without being there I couldn't say exactly how to take the unit apart to replace the sensor.