gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

My GE front load washer (WCVH6800J WW) bangs and shakes when

My GE front load washer (WCVH6800J WW) bangs and shakes when I wash sheets and large towels. The washer is 1 1/2 years old but we are ready to get rid of it because of the noise and vibrations throughout the house. Also, it appears to be level as measured from the top.
Is there anything that can be done?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

Hello are you available?

Customer:

yes.

gst85 :

will it only shake when you have a heavy load ?

Customer:

yes. it usually happens with larger pieces, such as sheets and towles.

Customer:

anything that might soak up a fair amount of water

gst85 :

does it make any noise while spinning?

Customer:

that is the time when the vibration and banging noises occur

gst85 :

ok your one of your shocks may be broken worn out

gst85 :

let me post a picture for you

gst85 :
Grid is 1 inch square

Shock Absorber - Part #1264427
Full Size Image
shock obsorber

Customer:

it's been doing this for quite a while and I read this is a common complaint. is it typical for the shocks to break?

gst85 :

not too common but also depending on if you wash heavy loads

gst85 :

do you know if its still under warranty?

Customer:

it's over a year old and I will have to check but i am guessing it's no longer covered

gst85 :

id look into that since i would hate for you to pay out of pocket.

gst85 :

would you like a price just incase?

Customer:

that would be great

gst85 :

sure no problem.just a minute please

gst85 :

Manufacturer Number WH01X10343.here you go .39,35,available atwww.repair clinic.com

Customer:

what do I look for in a broken shock absorber and are you confident this will fix the problem?

gst85 :

the shock is no longer able to hold the weight so therefore it will cause the tub to shake

gst85 :

www.sears parts direct.com for a diagram

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer:

yes, I am

gst85 :

if you have no further pressing accept is how i get paid.

gst85 :

questions

Customer:

are you pretty sure this will fix it?

gst85 :

i am sure.

Customer:

thanks very much

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs