Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a maytag 5000 series washer and It gives me an F35 error

I have a maytag 5000 series washer and It gives me an F35 error reading. I am unable to get a wash cycle to work. Please help. Russ
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
Thank You for your question..Glad to help you today..The F35 error means the Analog Pressure Sensor has failed

If the washer does not accept inputs from the control panel, follow the Hard Reset steps below to reset the control:

• Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord into the wall outlet or turn the breaker back on and wait 30 seconds.
  • Press the Pause / Cancel / Stop button twice to clear the display.
  • Start a short cycle, to check operation of the appliance, by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the appliance starts.

Note: If the Hard Reset does not work, there may be an internal failure with the washer, that requires service...Most often the pressure switch needs to be replaced..On occasion the hose which leads from the switch to the drum has been split..The water rising causes pressure.Which activates the switch thru the hose connected to the switch..If the hose is split or has any holes in it..The switch will not activate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done what you've said. It is now running a quick wash cycle and on the display is shows "sud" and is blinking.
That was my next question to you..You have the suds error..This means that either your drain pump and filter are blocked or the pressure switch is faulty..Normally happens when using to much detergent or not the correct type of detergent..If you have never cleaned out the drain pump filter then most likely that is all you will need to do..If the washer advances..Run it a few times without detergent..If not clean the filter..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I access the drain pump filter to clean it?
if you do not know where the filter is then this is a good sign that all you need to do is clean the filter..CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO Get it cleaned out then run the washer without ant detergent..See what happens..ThanksBob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair