Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My whirlpool cabrio dryer start button flashes & the dryer

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio dryer start button flashes & the dryer doesn't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? It should be inside the door on a tag.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I think it's WG064003WD or 1206006

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Neither one of those seems to come up, the WG number is probably the one but can you recheck it to make sure it's right, I databases are not coming up but that number.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I wrote it down wrong. it's WGD6400SWD
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a voltmeter? Would you be a lot check continuity on a few parts? Thermostats is what you need to check , there are a few of them and you need to get inside the machine to do it you think you can do that ? Here's one, this is probably the one that blown if it doesn't have continuity it's bad, if you don't have a voltmeter you can do a quick test by unplugging the machine and bypassing this with a piece a wire, if it starts this is bad and needs to be replaced, if it doesn't let me know and will go further,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a voltmeter & wouldn't know how to read it if i did..i think i might have to made a service call.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah, in order to check this you would need a voltmeter, there is a tech sheet up in the control panel number one on this diagram, if you can get to that there are diagnostic procedures you can do on the control pad itself, that might tell you what it is if you run the diagnostics, that's if it will going to diagnostics not sure it will if the thermal fuse is blown, but you can try, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks very much for your time

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your very welcome, I wish there was a button you could just push to fix this, sorry, have a great day, Bryan